The Grit certainly lives up to its name. It is a gritty bar that is excellent for removing dirt and grime from mechanics and gardeners hands as well as being the perfect prescription for scaly, dry heels and feet. The Grit has more than one purpose; first, it is powerful enough to combat tough, oily stained hands while conditioning as it cleans. Second, it works well for gardeners who want to rid their hands from the stains that can be caused from soil and plant matter. Lastly, it works extremely well on rough, scaly dry feet by removing dead skin cells.
- Olive Oil – contributes to the conditioning and softening powers
- Coconut Oil – exceptional for dry, scaly skin
- Castor Oil – a humectant that attracts moisture to the skin, soothing and lubricating
- Cocoa Butter – contains natural antioxidants, healing, soothing and moisturizing
- Eucalyptus – is anti-microbial , great for athlete’s foot, energizing and stimulates circulation
- Tea Tree – anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial, great germ-killing properties
- Pumice Power – deeply cleanses and removes grime
- Walnut Shell Powder – gentle exfoliation, great for hands cleansing
- Cornmeal Powder – powerful, gentle exfoliation
The Grit fits perfectly in the hands. It weighs a healthy 4 ounces, is 3-inches round and 1-inch thick, packaged with recyclable material and labeled with details
The Grit contains absolutely NO artificial ingredients, fillers, parabens, animal ingredients, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, artificial colors, or unnatural preservatives. Each ingredient is included for a therapeutic reason. We DO NOT do animal testing on our products or ingredients. All of our oils are cold-pressed or steam distilled.
Tips for Use
- Wet bar and lather directly on hands or feet
- Can be used as a body scrub bar, if used, lather in hands/pouf and use gritty suds to exfoliate. Not recommended for face
- Best for feet when paired with our Natural Foot Balm
Important Notes about The Grit Bar: If you have small cuts on your hands, it is important to use The Grit with care as the walnut shell and pumice in the bar can cause a slight sting. We recommend using our Tea Tree & Neem Salve or Calendula Salve to promote healing of small cuts. Also, if you are using The Grit Bar as a foot soap take extreme care when exiting the tub/shower because the conditioning oils and butter can cause for a slippery surface. Lastly, a pumice stone may be required to remove stubborn calluses from the feet.
ATTENTION: Please remember to allow your soap to dry between uses to ensure maximum longevity. It is best stored out of water on a soap dish that raises the bar so that air can circulate around the entire bar. DO NOT store your soap where it will continually get wet.
NOTE: All images are for reference only; products may vary slightly due to the handmade nature. Please allow for color differences in your finished products.